Adesh Tandon, M.D. – Department of Neurosurgery Faculty
- B.S. Temple University (Biology and Religion), Philadelphia, PA.
- M.D. Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY.
Postgraduate Training and Fellowships:
- Intern in General Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx NY.
- Resident in Neurological Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
- Chief Resident in Neurological Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
- Neuro-Oncology Fellowship, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Department of Neurosurgery
Clinical Instructor in Neurosurgery
- Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
Department of Neurosurgery
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurosurgery.
- Research Assistant, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Cameron Brennan, Department of Neurosurgery, Established and genotyped human Glioblastoma tumorspheres.
- Research Assistant, AECOM
Dr. Karen Weidenheim, Department of Neuropathology, Assisted in characterizing unusual presentations of Primary CNS lymphoma.
- Research Assistant, Beth Israel North Hospital
Dr. Eric Elowitz, Department of Neurosurgery
Conducted clinical research concerning Primary CNS
Lymphoma in immuno-competent patients.
- Research Assistant, Temple University.
- Dr. Ralph Hillman, Characterized genetic linkage maps in mutant species of Drosophila Melanogaster.
- Tandon A., Alzate J., Fried M., LaSala P.
“Endoscopic Endonasal Transphenoidal Approach For Pituitary Apoplexy in the Third Trimester of Pregnancy.” Surgery Research and Practice. Vol. 2014.
- Tandon A., Chandela S., Langer D., Sen C.,
“A novel sling technique for microvascular decompression of a rare anomalous vertebral artery causing cervical radiculopathy.” Neurosurg Focus. 2013 Sep 35(4).
- Houten J., Tandon A. ” Conparison of postoperative values for C-reactive protein in minimally invasive and open lumbar spinal fusion surgery.” Surg Neurolog Int. 2011, 2:94.
- Ozawa T., Brennan C., Wang L., Squatrito M., Sasayama T., Nakada M., Huse J., Pedraza A., Utsuki S., Yasui Y., Tandon A., Fomechenko El., Holland EC. “PDGFRA gene rearrangements are frequent genetic events in PDGFRA-amplified glioblastomas.” Genes Dev. 2010 Oct 1;24 (19) 2205-2218.
- Brennan C., Momota H., Ozawa T., Tandon A., Pedraza A., Holland E. “Glioblastoma Subclasses can be defined by activity among signal transduction pathways and associated genomic pathways.” PLoS One. 2009 Nov 13;4(11):e7752.
- Tandon A., “Therapeutic Options for Tay-Sachs Disease.” Accepted for publication in the Einstein Quarterly Vol 83.
- Tandon A., Tassler A., Baxi N., Weidenheim K.
“Sphenoid Sinus Mutiple Myeloma Presenting as Cavernous Sinus Syndrome.” Poster presented at the 2013 North American Skull Base Meeting.
- Houten J., Nasser R., Baxi N., Schiraldi M., Tandon A.
“Accuracy of Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Placement Using the O-Arm Multidimensional Surgical Imaging System Compared with Flouroscopy.” Poster presented at the 2011 AANS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves annual meeting.
- Nasser R., Tandon A., Schiraldi M., Baxi N., Houten.
“Accuracy of Lumbar Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Placement Using the O-Arm Multidimensional Surgical Imaging System.” Poster presented at the 2010 Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery annual meeting.
- Alzate J., Sen C., Costantino P., Tandon A.,
“Endoscopic Endonasal Resection of Odontoid Process.” Poster presented at 2007 North American Skull Base Society annual meeting.
- Chwajol M., Tandon A., Houten JK.,
“The Use of Spinal Instrumentation in Surgical Management of Spinal Osteomyelitis: A META Analysis.” Poster presented at 2006 AANS annual meeting.
- Mehta V., Tandon A., Rosenblum M., Elowitz E.,
“Unusual CNS Lymphoma Mimicking Bilateral Subdural Hematomas- a case report and review of the literature.” Poster presented at 2003 AANS annual meeting.
- Roonprapunt C., Ratech H., LaSala P., Brook A., Tandon A., Weidenheim K.M.,
“Primary Diffuse B-Cell Lymphoma Arising in the Dura in an Immunocompetant Individual: Case Report.” Poster presented at 2003 CNS annual meeting.
- Tandon, A. “Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Spine.” Grand Rounds: Division of Rheumatology, Montefiore Medical Center. March 1st, 2013.
- Tandon, A. “Cervical Myelopathy: The Physical Examination.” Degenerative Disease of the Spine: Diagnosis and Management. Montefiore Medical Center. November 6th, 2011.
- Tandon, A. “The Chiari Malformation.” Degenerative Disease of the Spine: Diagnosis and Management. Montefiore Medical Center. November 7th, 2010.
- Fried M., LaSala P., Tandon A., Ashbach M., “How I do It : Endoscopic Trans-Sphenoidal Hypophysectomy.” Podium presentation at Rhinology World 2009.
- Tandon A., Houten JK., “Comparison of Normative Postoperative Values for C-reactive Protein in Minimally Invasive and Open Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery.” Podium presentation conducted at 2008 Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery annual meeting.
- Tandon A. “Renal Spondyloarthropathy and Brown Tumors” Montefiore Hospital Department of Neurosurgery Spine lecture series.
- Tandon A.“Pediatric Brain Tumors” Montefiore Hospital Department of Neurosurgery Pediatric lecture series.
- Tandon A.“Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine”Roosevelt Hospital Department of Neurosurgery Grand Rounds.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Recipient of the Montefiore Staff Alumni Award
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha
- Temple University Honors Program.
- Elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Elected to Golden Key National Honors Society.
- Temple University Presidential Scholarship.
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Certification
- North American Skull Base Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons